The last of the HeartStrings Chinese Coins - done, done.

This is the finished product of the red, white, and blue Chinese Coins project. This is the last one I pieced, and the last quilted. I used Circle Lord Baptist Fan templates to quilt it, and put Hobbs 80/20 Batting in it. The pillowcase has a matching cuff on it made from the last few of this group of coins. The backing shown below is some decorator 100% cotton that should look nice if someone doesn't like the front.

This is the last funky caterpillar, along with its pillowcase made from the same fabric as the backing. Both quilts will go to Alycia for her Quilt of Valor project whenever I can remember where her address is located.

I was so glad to finally have some finishes. I am so easily distracted that I start half a dozen projects, and then berate myself for not finishing them. I've started on two sets of blocks from a fellow HeartStringer that I want to set and finish for the Quilt Relief of Nashville. Their devastating flood did not receive much media coverage because of the oil spill, but their need is great. You can read more about it here. My mother was in the Missouri flood of 1993, and I remember her bringing out a package she had received in the aid boxes that were being distributed - it contained a new pillow, sheets, and a light blanket. She was so amazed that someone would send her that, and they were pink, her favorite color! I'm hoping I can finish enough for one family.
Happy Quilting,



Mary said…
They turned out lovely Becky! I know what you mean about being distracted - I've been pushing myself to get some binding done on quilts that have been waiting a while. It feels good to actually finish a few completely.
Alycia said…
Becky - those are lovely!!
Helen in the UK said…
What great quilts! Huge congrats on finishing up those Chinese Coin units ... as the recipient of the remaining units Mary had I KNOW how they just keep on going!! Good luck with your new project too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Panel quilt guild challenge

What I've been up to . . .

DWM 3/3/2014 Quilter’s ADD