Charity Quilting for guild

Charity quilts:
I spent a lot of time in July, August and Sept making charity quilts. We always need more twin size quilts - guild members always donate lots of smaller quilts. I sent 4 tops to Houston after the flooding before I took pictures. Here are pictures of the other quilts I made for a teen-age crisis home:
The color scheme of these quilts was picked from this large grape fabric. Greens and purples. I cut 4" strips from fat quarters and half yards and kept adding fabrics, mainly lights to make all the blocks.

Made from all the leftover strips and pieces.



This one was started by 4-H students using charm squares left over from last quilt show boutique and many homespuns I cut up trying to whittle down my stack of those.
Can you tell we have a cold air return that sucks on the corner of all the quilts for show and tell??


I do like the St. Louis 16 patch - just Google it to find the directions. If you want to be able to match seams easily, follow the directions at Exuberant Color  https://exuberantcolor.com/free-resources/  These are all quilted and I made binding. It will be applied by other guild members (thank you, thank you). 

An aside about the Bargello Heart quilt from last post - it did sell at auction for around $400. While this made funds for Friends United, I was hoping it would bring a few more $ than that since it is so labor intensive. Next time I will use less feminine colors.
Happy quilting,
Becky in KCMO

Comments

ALL of these 16-Patch quilts turned out GREAT!! Sorry to hear that your raffle quilt didn't make as much as you had hoped. Better luck next time!!
Don said…
Beautiful quilts!

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

In memory of Dave

A Christmas wall hanging