Design Wall - gifts from Africa

I've been very busy learning IQ on my Nolting - Black Bart. It's coming along, but there is much to learn.

I've also been working on the quilt pictured below. It took a lot of time as I "designed" it to make the batik panels from Africa stand out. I did Prairie points with beading on them. I sewed a necklace I received from a Nigerian seminary student on it as well. Handmade bone beads on that one. The panels were a gift to my sister-in-law from a student from Burkina Faso, a small country near Senegal. Most of the fabrics were from Africa as well, some I bought through AQS and some from the Quilted Fox in St Louis, MO. 

It was donated to Friends United - a group that works with students and teachers in Honduras to improve the education system. They had their dinner and auction last Friday night, and it was sold for $800. The buyer agreed to let me have it back for exibit in our next quilt show.
Gifts from Aftica.

Happy Quilting,
Becky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

In memory of Dave

A Christmas wall hanging