What I’m working on 9/20/14

After a year of mainly working on items for my Quilt Guild’s boutique and traveling I’m finally beginning to play a bit on quilting again. I just returned from AQS in Chattanooga so have regained some enthusiasm that I had lost with all the family illnesses and deaths.

DGD#2 was sick last Wednesday and I picked her up from school and took her to the Nurse Practitioner. She had to have a breathing treatment and she hates them. She did well, so as a treat we stopped at the nearby quilt shop. As we went in I confirmed her request for 2 fat quarters.

Just inside the shop they had this marvelous Halloween quilt made from the skeleton panel. I thought we should have a panel and some striped fabric. Jessica wanted some purple “bones” fabric. When I took them up to check out, Jessica explained that she needed another fat quarter as the two pieces I had weren’t hers. They get you every time!

We came home and immediately “had” to pull the Halloween basket and start auditioning fabrics. We found the 8 embroidered blocks that my friend JoAnne had gifted me and those “had” to be used. Jessica did some of the actual sewing, but then asked me to work on it. She watched while I made the first star block and was amazed that Grammy made a mistake and had to rip out a seam. She thought I didn’t make mistakes – NOT.

I’ve continued to work on the quilt at her request and this is where I am this morning.
skeleton quilt with Jessy
I need to go out and do yard work, so will wait to put a small border on it when I come back in. She wants “soft” fabric on the back so it will get a skinny border to stay within the width of the Minky-type fabric I already have. Now I have to clean off Black Bart so we can quilt this.
Happy Quilting,
Becky

Comments

Sara said…
What a wonderful combination of panel, piecing, and embroidery! So creative.
Rhonda R said…
Great quilt. All the little parts really came together to make a wonderful Halloween quilt

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

In memory of Dave

A Christmas wall hanging