DWM 3/3/2014 Quilter’s ADD

Getting ready for a retreat next weekend. This is my project as we will have a work on anything session with a certified Quiltworx instructor, Eileen Eubanek. I’ve cut my own jelly roll strips as this is to hang next to my Glacier Star on the stairwell. It will have a blue black as well.
IMG_3442
I've been sorting UFO’s, seeing if I can kit some up for the Guild’s Boutique since I am in charge of it this year. I unearthed these, but I’m not ready to give up on them, yet.
IMG_3445
What to do with these? I thought I would do the Iron challenge at Missouri Star Quilt Company so bought the charm packs. I thought I would do a fractured quilt from the Material Obsession’s book, but . . . .
IMG_3446
I’m also cutting up some Dr Seuss fat quarters to make this quilt – I think. . . .
IMG_3443IMG_3448
Can I make a table topper out of this orphan? It’s too much trouble to make these blocks . . . . I’m not sure what to do with the rail fence blocks, another UFO that didn't sell at last year’s Boutique.
IMG_3447
This doll bed is an estate sale find. I hope to fix it up to display doll quilts on for sale at the Boutique. It is waiting for my wood finishing room to warm up as it is 1 degree F. outside today and the finishing room has no heat!
IMG_3441
This is playing with a UFO that didn’t sell at the Boutique last year. These are miss-made blocks (they should have a red triangle at each ”end”) that should make a doll quilt. There are enough pieces left in the UFO to make a king-size Kansas Troubles. Maybe this little quilt will help someone buy it.
IMG_3444
I did finish up repairing and labeling two quilts for a friend. This one appears to be from the 30’s – at least the fabrics are. It is a Snow Crystals set in Streaks of Lightning. All the quilting knots are on the outside, not buried.
IMG_3401
Maybe this week I can get something finished – HA!
Happy Quilting,
Becky in very cold Kansas City, Missouri (KCMO)

Comments

Love your choice of color for your retreat project!!
Unknown said…
Just found your blog - I too live just south of K.C. in Belton. What quilt guild do you belong to? I'm in the Lee's Summit Quilt Guild, and I've been busy making little things for our Boutique as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

In memory of Dave

A Christmas wall hanging