Glacier Star is drying in the dining room – there’s no room to walk when the Styrofoam boards are up. It started as 93 x 93 prior to quilting, now it is about 87”. It has both a wool and cotton batting, and I put it in the washer for a hand wash cycle to rinse out the glue stick and to wet it thoroughly. DH and I pulled and measured and pulled some more, and I finally had to say “enough”. I will measure today after it is dry, and begin the process of trimming, stabilizing the edge and then binding the monstrosity. I would like to take it to guild next week; it will hang in the guild quilt show later in September.
It was quilted by Angela Walters. She put in an enormous amount of extremely gorgeous quilting. Here are some teaser photos for you. after it is bound I’ll take some “glamour shots”.
On my design wall is the beginning of my next Scrap Squad project. I’m finally cutting into the pieces of Rowan fabrics I’ve been gathering for a couple of years.
I’ve been rearranging them every time I go in the room. I think I still need to move some more. It’s amazing what a picture on the screen tells you. I didn’t realize there was so much yellow / gold in these fabrics. They don’t look those colors close up. They will have a black background, so they should pop.