Design wall Monday

My latest scrap squad project will be posted Friday.
QM_scrap-squadB
I pulled some really old fabrics from when the local quilt store was first open (now deceased).
the starting fabrics
When I was finished with the top, I sewed all the leftovers into the backing. I first sewed all the scraps together, but there were not enough of them to make much. I cut apart the remaining panel, and used strips of scraps and such to bring them up to about 16”. I then joined them with fabrics I had pulled but not used on the front, and made it big enough for a backing. I love what happened with the triangles! I was a bit worried about  how it would quilt, but it just wasn’t a problem. Here’s the back – you can see the front on Friday on the Quilty Pleasures blog. Right now the link will take to you the wonderful Christmas quilt made from the same pattern.
IMG_2890
The top bulk is the hanging sleeve, just pinned on.
Happy Quilting,
Becky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .