Design wall Monday 4-8-2013 The reds continue

IMGP3048
My goal has been to use up all the grey and black diamonds making LeMoyne stars. I’m really tired of making 6” stars. There at the side you see some experiments with other settings for diamonds and scraps. I decided there was very little texture in this quilt, so I played with more of the RWBs I had pulled for scrap squad.
IMGP3054IMGP3055
I bought several template sets from Material Obsessions a while back, and decided to incorporate this one. I also started a large feathered star to add to the ever growing stack of stars. Some have asked how I’m planning to put them together.
IMGP3056
This is a very poor picture of Sam’s first big bed quilt, made in 2001-2. I had border fabric (off the sides of the table) and a bit of Jennifer Sampou’s  Rain Forest fabric, and kept pulling brights and backgrounds to go with them. I made a bunch of stars (I’ve taught a lot of stars classes), put them on the design wall, and then made connectors. That’s the same plan for the reds.
Visit more design walls over at Judy’s.
Addendum

Happy Quilting,
Becky

Comments

Nicole said…
Wow wow wow! Your black and red quilt is awesome! Stick with it, you will be so happy when it is done. I know how you feel. I am working on a basket quilt that is beginning to feel like my life's opus. I will be delirious with joy when it is done.

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .