I finished my top for the second Scrap Squad project – all but the final border – but had so many left over pieces from trying different looks that, last week, I gradually put them together.I don’t know how I calculated, but I had enough components to make 4 additional stars out of triangle in a square units, which I made up with some left-over centers. I then had an additional 40 triangles left-over. I had cut them with the Accuquilt cutter, and was less than satisfied in how they turned out. I lined up the straight-grain as suggested, but must have had a lot of stretch, as I never could find a seam allowance that would give me a 3-1/2” unit with the star points long enough. I decided to cut 80 additional star points using the Recs part of my Tri-Recs rulers. They fit together fine, and I had better results.I had to cut corner squares, so used left-over strips and fabric sitting in the big pile on the cutting table. There are also lots of other blocks from the left-overs. I only had a few 4 patches left, those are what you see on the bottom right and left. I don’t know if they will make it into a quilt in their present form.
See other design wall over at Judy’s.