Design wall Monday 6-4-2012

IMG_1325

I’m working on assembling the 4 corners now. As you can see on the table, about half of the components are finished, and I’m constructing the others as I go along to keep from putting the wrong flying geese panels in places.

IMG_1326

I angled this picture to see how it is going to look when turned. When I was planning the extensions, the instructor and I discussed what it would look like with the same border fabrics in both the center and extension. The black/blue was a no brainer to repeat as they never touched. We identified that the outer border would touch in the centers, and she said that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. I just looked at one at Quiltworx.com that is made this way, and I think it will be all right, but it seems that the last rounds of flying geese just starts out of the border instead of looking like it is behind it, as in the center portion. I guess it is another hmmmm moment.

If I can keep the DGKs well this week, maybe I can finish the top. I’m planning various ways of quilting it, wondering if I have the skills yet to do it myself. To see more design walls, go on over to Judy L’s.

Happy Quilting,

Becky

Comments

Jennifer Woo said…
Yikes, what a great job. You must really LOVE paper piecing! It will be striking.
That is going to be AWESOME!!!
Dar said…
That is one fantastic looking quilt! You are so talented.
Lori said…
you're making lots of progress and I love the fabrics! You must have lots of patience.
Kate said…
Wow! Gorgeous project.
Anonymous said…
Stunning!!! Even the sections are impressive!

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .