Design wall (machine) Monday–1-29-12

IMG_1231IMG_1233IMG_1235

These are part of what I’ve done this week. The “Shirts and Pants” quilt that I bordered, and a Strippy with Diego are finished. My DGD#2 was here all week (sick) and she told me that Diego was definitely a boy quilt, not a girl quilt.

I have a love affair with spiral quilting. I did it on all three of these. I was going to do a pantograph on the bottom one, but after I started I didn’t like it so ripped it out and used the spirals. This bottom quilt was one of the 42 x 72 strippys that I decided to add borders to bring it out to a better size. There really is light brown and green in the main print. I had a hard time coming up with border fabric for it out of my stash. I hope to trim and bind it later today.

I have 2 more tops ready to load on Black Bart. They are fun ones – red, black, and white. I resewed seams and added borders to one, the other only needed pressing as I will leave it kid size. I have one more that I pulled to work on. It needs all the seams resewn and then a border added. There’s still a few days left in January to meet my goal of 10 charity quilts. February will be back to the paper piecing Glacial Star.

Happy Quilting,

Becky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panel quilt guild challenge

DWM 3/3/2014 Quilter’s ADD

What I've been up to . . .