design wall Monday 1/3/2011


In an effort to not create any more UFOs, I decided to work on the last of veg/fruit fabric and finish up DH’s and my placemats and table runner. I didn’t have much of the fabrics left, and trimmed them up into mainly 2-1/2” strips. I had purchased Marti Michell’s strip templates, so decided to use them to make up LeMoyne stars for the runner. I cut 3, one is finished. I will put the placemats and runner on Black Bart(LA) together when I finish the runner.

Also in this picture is a pot holder made last night with DGD#2, aka “Little Girl” helping pick the colors. We made one for her Mommy for Christmas, and DD was very happy. I used Stashbusters ListMom’s directions, so these are nice and big. I cut enough Insulbright and batting to make a few more – kind of like having kits, and just having to pick the fabric out of the scraps bin. These are leftovers from the Crayon quilt top.

IMG_0032fall chinese coins

For Judy L’s UFO challenge, #6 was these fall-colored Chinese Coins. It was probably good that I put this on my list, because they don’t excite me, and I could have left them forever. I opened the container, figured out the dimensions of the strips, then played in EQ7 until I made a layout I wanted. I like a similar quilt in a book, so I’m using the Greek scroll blocks from there between the coins. Since I’m working from stash only, I have to use some black solid with the yellow for the scrolls. I would usually use a tone on tone, but there aren’t 3 yards of anything black in the stash except the solid, so solid it is.

Check at Judy l’s for more Design wall Monday posts.

Happy Quilting, Becky


Popular posts from this blog

What I've been up to . . .

Panel quilt guild challenge

DWM 3/3/2014 Quilter’s ADD