Design wall Monday 1/24/11

Thank you, thank you all that commented for your help in deciding how to set these coins. I had not planned to put the yellow next to the coin strips, but several people suggested it, so I tried it and I really like how this is turning out.

I don’t usually make strip-pieced quilts. I usually make a lot of blocks, then procrastinate about putting them together. This time I have all the strips made and it seems like there is no progress, until today when all of a sudden it is looking half done.

The coins on the left of the strip are the second border.

I did take a close-up of the waiting strips to show that it isn’t really all black fabric in the scrolls. It’s a grey blue green design with a black background.

This is my #6 UFO. I probably won’t finish it this month, but if I get it to a flimsy , I’ll be happy.

Happy Quilting,

Becky

Comments

Angie in SoCal said…
I really like how your quilt is turning out. I'll be sure to come back and see how you're doing.
Alycia said…
Oh ya - that is going to be stunning!!
I really like those scrolls.
Chris said…
The strips are great. They almost look like Greek keys.

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

In memory of Dave

A Christmas wall hanging