design wall Monday 1/10/2011

snow in Kansas City

It’s snowing in Kansas City. This is the view out the deck door from the kitchen. No DGD today, no guild tomorrow. When the schools have a snow day, guild is cancelled.

 

 

 

 

 

becky runner almost full

This is my table runner from the scraps of the Christmas gifts. My placemat is out of a mixed fruit fabric that is only included in the right star. DH’s is out of the Oreo fabric, so I put a small border of it. The purple in the setting triangles was included because the stained glass windows in the breakfast area contain this color, as well as red and amber. This will be on Black Bart today.

fall chinese coins on wall

UFO #6 is on the wall. I think I am avoiding it, cleaning up the room some. I tried a dark green strip next to the 4th column to use instead of black, but it does disappear against some of the fabrics, so black will be needed. I’m using yellow for the scrolls. Hopefully I will have some progress on this UFO during the snowstorm.

Time to finish here and start doing something!

Happy quilting,

Becky

Comments

Chris said…
I suffer from UFO avoidance too. Good luck on it. I love the reds.
Mary said…
Have fun playing while it snows outside. Stay warm and find a bright color to use for the coins sashing.
Cathy said…
I love your table runner. It will look so bright and happy on a table. And the chinese coins are wonderful. What about a bright yellow next to them?
Kathie said…
I always get lots done during snowy times, I don't know why. Good luck on UFO #6, mine is making great progress.
Alycia said…
I sometimes try to avoid things too - but they keep coming back to haunt me!

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

In memory of Dave

A Christmas wall hanging