A place for me to journal and post pictures about my quilting adventures.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

please help with settings



If you look at my previous post, you will see the basket blocks (UFO) that I want to set. I have 49 baskets. I've played with it in EQ, and came up with these 3 settings. The first is with plain blocks, changing color to "border". The second is baskets set on point with sashing. I had a suggestion for triple sashing with nine-patch cornerstones which sounds good, I just don't know how to draw it in EQ. The 3rd choice is a strippy quilt. I couldn't draw the baskets on point, so you just see square in a square blocks. The borders on all three are not accurate at all. I couldn't find a lavender and blue fabric to use.

Please leave a comment on which set you recommend! Thanks for your input.
Happy Quilting,

Becky

Email me

9 comments:

Kim said...

My eyes are drawn to the second layout, but it might have a lot to do with using the dark fabric for a border. I really like the third layout though. I'm a lot of help, aren't I? LOL

Anonymous said...

I ike the one with the dark border as well. balances the dark of the baskets.

Mary said...

#2 is my choice. Baskets always look best on Point and sashed. #3 is interesting too.

Lois said...

My vote would be for setting #1 as it gives the eye places to wander. I also agree with the dark border of #2 - but I think it's because of practicality - dirt you know! Still voting primarily for setting #1!

Tamera said...

I think I like #2 the best.

Anonymous said...

I like the look of #2 with the blocks set on point and the dark border.

Susan R.
quilttrack47@yahoo.com

Margeeth said...

I also like #2 with the baskets on point and a brown border best.
#3 could be interesting if you would have a nice borderfabric for the strips between the baskets.

Michelle said...

I like the second one best, mostly because I'm not in love with plain setting squares -- but the changing colors in the first layout could change my mind! The third layout is my least favorite, but it's not bad either.

How unhelpful is that?

Jeanne said...

I like the second choice the best.