What was I thinking last week? Where was my mind? I thought I could finish a Judy Martin pattern quicker than I could make Judy L's Freeze Frame??? The photo on the left is of the now UFO pieces for Celebration. I finished all the strip sets, and 200 of the 300 4 patches, but finally said Whoa! Too much!! I started Freeze frame on Saturday, worked a little bit on Sunday, I just need to make about 30 more border blocks, and then put all the borders on. I'm making a few extra blocks so I can put in wider center borders and outer borders to make the quilt a little bigger.
I did make it down the street to the quilting machine yesterday. I quilted this quick Stashbuster quilt made for DGD#2. Her mother (DD) said she needed a soft, easy to wash "blanket" for her big bed. This one is from fabric left over from DD's wedding quilt, and all the "ladybug" fabric used in DGDs room. I backed it with very soft Minkee, and used a very thin batting inside. I used the new giant templates - waves- again, and I'm so pleased with how quick they are to use, and the quilting looks good!
I also quilted a charity quilt with the same templates to turn into guild tomorrow. I need to find the binding I made and put it on so someone else can finish it up. The fabric for the border of the red quilt is in the dryer after a wash in Retayne. Time to get busy.