Back art finished, creeping crud




















The picture above, left, has now become the picture on the right, so the back art is now finished. I hope I feel good enough tomorrow to load the front, bottom left, and the back on the quilting machine. I'm in a quandary how to quilt it. I was going to quilt it following the piecing lines, such as Mary http://blog.maryquilts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/DSCN7803.JPG
has done on the Heartstrings Happy blocks, but my center patches are 6" rather than the usual 4", so I thought I would have to quilt in the centers. Then the border is 8 1/2", so now what should I do? The train fabric has little swirls with 4 dots, almost like a bass cleft, including the border fabric. I suppose I could fall back on my swirls templates, but they will really mask the train blocks, and seem to make a quilt less puffy than I would like. Maybe I should try a panto?? Any comments /ideas would be helpful. DH asked if I was binding it all on by machine, but I think I want to hand turn it if I can. I think I can eke out enough binding from the last of the lime green fabric - I hope. This trying to use up every last bit of fabric from one project can really cut you close.
Creeping Crud
For the last four weeks I have been taking care of DH, then DGD#2 with all their respiratory viruses, pneumonia, etc. Why now, when they are nearly well, do I have to come down with it? I started antibiotics and breathing treatments yesterday, so hopefully I will have enough energy to quilt this top tomorrow, and sew the binding on. I may be finishing it on the plane, as we leave Thursday for the V & T symposium.
Happy quilting,
Becky




Email me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .