Triangle labels, Stashbuster syle















A Stashbuster member asked me to put some pictures up on how I made my labels. This is NOT my idea - someone else came up with this quick way to do labels.
#1 - I use Word to make the label to print on "Miracle fabric sheets". I start 5" down from the top of the page. As I add information, I make the lines shorter, and centered, so they will fit into a triangle.
#2 - After printing the label on fabric, heat-setting, rinsing, drying and ironing the label, I fold it in half.



















#3 - I use a 6" bias square and line it up on the fold, then rotary cut it on both sides.
#4 - You end up with a triangle of fabric 2 layers thick with the fold at the top.
#5 - Put the label in the corner of the quilt you want to label, and sew it in with the binding. You can slip-stitch the top down if you want. Some people suggest adding some pieces of the quilt fabric underneath the flap before sewing it down - to have some for repairs if needed.

Thanks to whoever first wrote about this method on Stashbusters. It is really easy and quick.

I usually buy my "Miracle Fabric Sheets" from http://www.cjenkinscompany.com They run a lot of sales, and I've never had any problems with their sheets. There are other good brands out there, but there are also a few where the printing rubs off very quickly. This website also has good information about how to get the best results.
Happy Quilting,
Becky

Email me

Comments

doni said…
Good Explanation! I haven't bought the computer printer fabric so I simply print out my paper label and use a light table to print it with a Micron pen onto fabric. Then I connect it the same way you do! I kind-of like triangle labels now!

doni @ Oregon coast
bingo~bonnie said…
what a georgous fabric for backing!!! Love it! and I also use the corner method - but I've never printed out a label before - instead I take a 5" nickel and fold diagonally and press it and do the same as you sewing it into the corner as I attach my binding. ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .