Road trip to Nebraska



I attended the Nebraska sew-in with HeartStrings efriends last weekend. It was so great to actually meet and converse with the people from the list. They were just as delightful in person as they are on the list. We had a lovely time. On Friday we went to Quilt Museum for a docent tour, and were able to see the Chintz exhibit and the quilts of Grace Snyder. The petit point quilt is just amazing, as well as the hexagon quilt with about 66,000 hexagons. Such awesome work.
After the museum,we did a bit of Shop Hopping. It seems like it's been forever since I did that. I decided even though I am working on not buying, that I could spend a bit of money this time. I have decimated my blues - especially navy and lights - for the Quilts of Valor. I was able to find some that will work. I had recently ordered the two purples in the second picture, but added the ones above it. They are graduated in four values - and for a specific pattern I want to make. The fat quarters are from the Quilted Kitty. They were having fat quarter Friday, and 10 FQs were $10. I couldn't pass up these Laurel Burch ones. The funky striped piece is for binding. I love the look of stripes in bindings.
Monday I had my first eye surgery to exchange the intraocular lens (IOL) from a ReStor lens to a regular one. It is amazing how much more light comes through this lens. I still have some haziness - you can see it in the cornea - but I have high hopes of actually seeing well with the new lens. I'm scheduled for the next one on this coming Monday, but may postpone it if the haziness hasn't cleared up yet. My body really makes a lot of scar tissue, so I'm waiting to see what it does in my eye. I really want to make a "masterpiece quilt", and I can't when I'm about 1/8th inch off on points. I made up a Ugly Fabric Sunshine block yesterday, and was able to match the points, so I am very hopeful. I'm quite impatient for the results, but it takes about 6 weeks to see the final result. I'm not a good waiter.
Happy Quilting
Becky

Comments

JuJu said…
Becky, I thought of you this morning, wondering how your surgery went. Glad you can see a improvment and hope that more "light" comes your way. Keeps us posted!--Julia, NE

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .