Funky Caterpillars

I've started working with the Red, White, and Blue Chinese coins that were made by my fellow HeartStringers. I have two finished
http://tinyurl.com/cptwxs , and one I still need to take a picture of that I call string X-X. I also quilted another top made out of some swap blocks and extra blocks I had. Pictures of those later. This must be the 4th or 5th funky caterpillars I've made. This time I tried varying the setting squares. The one in the center isn't that bright in real life. The swirly fabric was one I've had a long time and couldn't figure out how to use, but I love the swirls in this setting.
I'm trimming some more Chinese Coins, ,and plan to put them together today. I'm also planning to trim up the one I finished quilting yesterday and make binding. I will be sitting with our Guild's opportunity quilt http://tinyurl.com/cgm98r some this weekend to sell tickets during Shop Hop. I'm hoping to be able to see well enough to turn binding while I'm there, so I can mail these quilts on to Alycia.
Happy Quilting,
Becky

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your R/W/B chinese coin quilt. Where did you find the Uncle Sam in the middle?

Great Job! It would look perfect in my family room!

I just signed up to follow your quilt. However I didn't see any other way to do it except to get it on RSS on my Yahoo Home Page. Good blog.
Pam
Mary Johnson said…
I guess you're getting tired of the zig zag coins but this one looks great too. I think the RWB coins look great in this setting.

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .