A place for me to journal and post pictures about my quilting adventures.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I finally started sewing again today.

I hope none of you get the ugly respiratory bug I had. It took 3 weeks and 3 rounds of antibiotics, as well as all the junk for the concurrent asthma to finally kill it. It came at the end of 6 weeks off arthritis meds, so it's been about 2 months since I've felt well enough to sit and sew. I can't imagine what it would have been like 50 years ago, with out all our great medicines. No wonder people didn't live as long. Who would want to if they could hardly walk, and then only with pain?
Stashbusters is having a BOM made out of almost ugly fabric. Last night, and today, I finished the first two 12" blocks. I also made two 6" blocks from all the HSTs I cut to audition for the center of the star. My almost ugly fabric is the starburst fabric that is definitely toned. We are supposed to add a little yellow and orange to the blocks. I decided that I could use this opportunity to try working outside my usual palette. I'm sure missing the brights, however.


The colors are more true in the fabric picture than in the block picture. Now that these blocks are finished, it's time to get back to making quilts out of Chinese Coins made by HeartStringers. They will be Quilts of Valor, and I'm going to have to hurry for Alycia's big project. I think it is finished sometime in April or May. I know they will still need QOV after then, but I did want to swell her numbers.
Happy Quilting,
Becky

2 comments:

Alycia said...

Glad you are feeling better. I love those blocks!

Helen in the UK said...

So pleased to hear that you are finally on the mend and ready to be sewing again :)