Progress on Funky Caterpillars

I know I said the tutorial for Funky Caterpillars would take about a week, but that was before I decided to rework the whole pattern. If you remember, the previous method ended up with a whole lot of waste, both of Chinese coins and background. With the help of my engineer husband, we were able to create the blocks / quilt in EQ6. I haven't worked with plane geometry formulas for angles since high school / college, so it is very nice to have a resident authority (DH) who works with them all the time.

So, this is the progress: The text part of the tutorial is written, in Word, and I have made test blocks to assure accuracy. I am now making the actual quilt, and DH is taking pictures whenever I ask of each step. I hope to finish that over the next couple of days. I'll move the pictures into the document, and then DH will put it in a PDF file so it will be downloadable. Then I will post it on blogger. Just a heads up, you will need a Tri-Recs template set to use in cutting funky caterpillars. It provides the angle for the zig-zag.

I'm really hoping the new tutorial will be worth the wait.
Becky

Comments

Mary said…
I'm sure it will be well worth the wait and having the documents in PDF format is nice for people to print them out.

Popular posts from this blog

Panel quilt guild challenge

DWM 3/3/2014 Quilter’s ADD

What I've been up to . . .