Thank you, thank you all that commented for your help in deciding how to set these coins. I had not planned to put the yellow next to the coin strips, but several people suggested it, so I tried it and I really like how this is turning out.
I don’t usually make strip-pieced quilts. I usually make a lot of blocks, then procrastinate about putting them together. This time I have all the strips made and it seems like there is no progress, until today when all of a sudden it is looking half done.
The coins on the left of the strip are the second border.
I did take a close-up of the waiting strips to show that it isn’t really all black fabric in the scrolls. It’s a grey blue green design with a black background.
This is my #6 UFO. I probably won’t finish it this month, but if I get it to a flimsy , I’ll be happy.