Design Wall Monday 7-30-2012 Beachy in progress

Last week my version of Karen Stone’s Beachy re-emerged from the UFO pile. It was started with 2 other quilty friends – we were all making one, in 2004. It was on the design wall until 2005, but then we started building this house, moving into this house, getting married, life in general. It’s now making a comeback

I decided to make it larger than the pattern. All the blocks were finished, with some of the sashing as well. I think I will make additional sashing to make the first border. It is supposed to have a row of 1” squares for the inner border, but I think it will be easier to make the sashings and 4-patch cornerstones. There’s one more pieced border – cut wavey, but it will be straight until after I quilt it.

Thanks to Judy L for hosting DWM.

Happy Quilting,

Becky

Comments

scraphappy said…
Beautiful blocks. So sad that this one got put away for a while,it is going to be a great quilt.
Nina Marie said…
wow! love where this is going - can't wait to see how it all ends!! Aren't you glad to get it finally done? Are you friends all jealoussssss?!
Vicki H. said…
I like this block and the repeats are great. I am glad you are finishing this!
Gari in AL said…
Are those all applique blocks? Wow, how beautiful!
Cindy said…
Beautiful! You've put a lot of work into it so its great that you're finishing.
Sue Daurio said…
Oh boy that's a beauty!!! Glad you pulled that one out of the pile to work on. Just love it.
AnnieO said…
Real Wow factor with these blocks. How nice to have a UFO that lends itself to finishing quickly!
Cathy Tomm said…
I ways loved that pattern. Good to see you are getting it done now.
I am taking a Karen stone class in two weeks. I am so excited. And now even more after seeing this beauty.

glen
Melinda said…
It is wonderful - glad you got it out to work on again.
Rhonda said…
Love this quilt, with all the bright colors. My granddaughter would love to have one of those. Sigh, I'll have to get busy one of these days and make her one.
Great job!!
Tamera said…
Isn't it great to get a UFO out and finished?

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .