Sunshine "ugly " fabric challenge blocks finished



All the blocks for the king size quilt I'm making from the Stashbuster Ugly Fabric Challenge are finished. I made 36 - 6" blocks, and 28 - 12" blocks. I'm tired of making blocks from this group of fabrics. The EQ drawing at the top is similar to the set I'm using. I haven't figured out how to make sashing in the borders in EQ. I decided I didn't want to have to deal with pressing points back with so many of them in this quilt. I'm putting about 1-1/2" sashing between each block in both borders, so I'm using one less block than it shows. I'm so ready to stop working on this. However, I'm going to persevere as this is a Christmas present.
Giant Templates - Our giant zig-zag templates for the Circle Lord arrived late yesterday! I'm planning on playing with them this afternoon. They are my Christmas present, but I need to finish other Christmas presents with them so I didn't wait until the 25th to open them. I hope I like them as well as I do the spirals. I really want to be inspired about using the long arm machine so I don't think about the discomfort in my feet and legs. I really want to be able to do this. I'm so inspired by others' quilting, and know I can do some of it if I just make myself practice. PPP - that's what it takes.
Happy quilting,
Becky

Email me

Comments

Bonnie said…
Cool layout. Good for you for perservering on the ugly challenge. I didn't even start it. But I do wonder what you considered your ugly fabric... it all looks nice to me!

Popular posts from this blog

Help with Layout , please

A Christmas wall hanging

Glacier Star with extension, or 488 geese later. . . .